While I was making Holi Special Gujjias last month, the idea of preparing mango special burfis was in my mind. So, yesterday I spent some time of the morning preparing this Indian dessert. After I served it to my family and friends, they all loved the taste of it. Moreover, it did not take more than half hour. May I recommend that you prepare this burfis and serve them to your guests and bask yourself with their compliments.
4 ripe Mangoes, peeled and cubed Or you can use canned mango pulp
200 gms Khoya / Mava
1 tbsp Semolina
1/2 cup Dessicated coconut
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Ghee
1 tsp Mango essence
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
Few slices of Pistachio for garnish
15 Cashews for garnish
In a blender take the mango cubes, blend it on low speed till you get a smooth paste. In a saucepan put mango puree with sugar and keep on stirring it with medium heat till the mixture is reduced to half.
In a kadhai / skillet take 1 tbsp ghee and add semolina and fry for a minute on slow flame. Add desiccated coconut and mawa and stir continuously till it is light browns in color. Add the mango mixture and combine well. Keep on stirring to prevent the mix from getting burnt at the base.Add cardamom powder and mango essence, mix thoroughly. Till 10 minutes keep on stirring and when the mix thickens, take it out from the saucepan. On a baking tray place Aluminum foil and Spread the mix evenly with the back of a spatula in order to bring smoothness of the surface.
Sprinkle pistachios and cashew nuts and press them lightly on the surface.After the mix is cooled, cut them int desired shapes.
User Comments & Tips:
- Adjust the sweetness of the mango pulp depending upon the sweetness of the fruit.
- In case you are applying canned pulp , make sure to use reduced sugar content
- Keep on stirring the mix in the saucepan till it's evens out.
- For better color, apply one pinch of artificial orange color ( optional).
Sunanda, Malar Gandhi, Fajeeda and Love2Cook have shared quite a few awards. I must say I'm truly flattered to receive these awards. It is really encouraging to know that people are enjoying my efforts. Thank you so much ....And I love admiring each of your blog. Here are the awards-
7 things about myself:
- I love to collect old coins and notes. I have 1 paise, 2 paise, 3 paise coins and some very old notes.
- I love to do multi- task at all the time.
- I can't imagine to start my day without going through the headlines of News Paper.
- I'm addicted to travelling different places.
- Whenever I'm bored I pick a random Friends episode and watch it on my computer. Rachel is my favorite character.
- One thing I love the most is playing with my toddler.
- I can spend whole day in the swimming pool. :-)
I would love to share the same set of awards with my 15 friends:
Viki, Lubna, Suman Singh, Sojo , Pari , Jay, Cooking Foodie , Aipi , Sanjeeta KK , Pushpa , Gayathri , Shobha, Kavita , Rachu , Radhika