Now a days, it's quite windy out here in Bangalore. And on cold evening nothing can beat a steaming hot soup. Since we are able to enjoy red carrots only during this winter season,so I'm using this in every possible dish. My son doesn't like to have thick soups so I made it lighter by adding tomatoes.
Serves: 4, Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
3-4 Red carrots, cut into big pieces
2 big Tomatoes (ripe), chopped
1 small Onion, chopped
1/2 inch piece of Ginger, minced
3-4 Garlic pods, chopped
1 Green chilly
4-5 Baby corns, cut into pieces
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
3-4 cup Water
1 cup macaroni, boil as per the instructions and do add little salt and half tsp oil in it. Keep aside
In a pressure cooker add tomatoes, carrot, garlic, ginger, green chilli, baby corns and water. Put salt as per your requirement. Close the lid and pressure cook for 10-12 minutes. Once the steam subsides, open the lid and let the mixture cool down. Take out the baby corns and keep aside. Blend this liquid in a blender to a smooth paste. After that strain through a sieve. Transfer this soup to a saucepan and reheat. Add sugar, boiled macaroni and baby corns to the mixture. Adjust salt and black pepper powder. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Enjoy this hot soup of bowl with garlic bread or bread sticks in the evening !!
Nanya of simply.food has passed on the above award to me. I'm overwhelmed with joy on receiving this stylish blogger award. Thank you so much Nayna. Requesting other blogger friends: Do drop by her blog to see some amazing vegetarian dishes and also her recent hobby of vegetable crafting .
The rules for this award are:
1. Thank the person who has awarded you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it on to 5 people who you think are fantastic.
Though I would like to pass this award to all my blogger pals but abiding by the rules, I'm passing it to 5 of my blogger friends. Please, if any of you want to share this fab card, feel free to take it.
And here comes the boring part......
7 things about myself:
- I love to collect old coins and notes. I have 1 paise, 2 paise, 3 paise coins and some very old notes.
- I love to do multi- task at all the time.
- I can't imagine to start my day without going through the headlines of News Paper.
- I'm addicted to travelling different places.
- Whenever I'm bored I pick a random Friends episode and watch it on my computer. Rachel is my favorite character.
- One thing I love the most is playing with my toddler.
- I can spend whole day in the swimming pool. :-)